Thursday 12 July 2012

Hello, world.


I do wish I had my own personal catchphrase, though.

I write a lot of things in my spare time, putting in the effort to type up posts ranging from the mundane to a self-perception of being analytical and hence contributing to the various online communities I participate in. It's had a fair degree of success and criticism alike. Some beneficial, others constructive or just plain downright rude.

But I think it's time that my voice needed its own platform. I'm a novice at these things - my previous "blog" of sorts (aka. Tumblr) fell flat after more than a year of dismal decay - but let's see how this effort of mine goes.

And I do like to keep my blog designs clean and minimalistic, so don't expect an epic tiled background of Mayu or whoever. Just to keep things, well, real.


In case you don't know me


Some of you might already know who I am, either online or in real life, and therefore for you people I need no introduction.

But if you just happened to accidentally stumble upon here via Google search and know nothing about me, then here are ten simple facts about myself:
  • Call me chewy. Long story short, I've worn that nick since primary school. And I'm male. Acting a male. 
  • I am Aussie. Well, sort of. If we're assuming on a nationality basis, that is. But don't expect me to converse well in Chinese, let alone type full sentences in it.
  • I'm still a student and, following the standard ABC commerce student trope, am pursuing a life in bean-counting. Of the public auditing sort. 
  • I do subscribe to Christian beliefs, but it's highly unlikely that you'll be seeing any of those sorts of posts here.
  • Contrary to popular belief, I am not a fervent Mac-phile despite nearly all our household computer and consumer electronic goods being made from that Cupertino company. 
  • In terms of urban fashion, I have a penchant for Ralph Lauren polo shirts and anything Uniqlo.
  • I hate footy, but I do occassionally follow the English Premier League. Arsenal fan here.
  • Unless you managed to skip my blog profile (in the "Who am I?" section), yes, I do follow my Japanese popular culture very regularly. And yes, I do like my AKB48*. Very much. 
  • I do see myself as a bit of a foodie. And for the record, Pepsi > Coke, unless it's Vanilla or Zero, in which case I'd flip it. 
So, as cliched as it sounds, let's make happy memories together! Or at least long-winded, particulate ones. 

*If you didn't notice the blatantly placed YouTube video at the front, I'm a Mayuyu oshi. And yes, I do subscribe to the MaYuki OTP. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi chewy,

    Added your new blog to my list http://www.mayuwatanabe.com/2012/07/notice.html

    Your first reader/fan/fellow Mayuyu oshi,
    YKT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chewy, you support Arsenal - nice!

    I wonder if only Mayuyu oshi's are going to read this blog...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you pop your collar on your Ralph Lauren polo shirts? :p

    ReplyDelete